I suggest you ...

Status: Stalled. Flag torrents with file availability less than 1. Especially if you have it fully downloaded.

There are some stalled torrents which claim to have seeds within the swarm but those seeds are not presently seeding. And file availability is below 1.

If you are in a situation where you are a seed in a swarm which does not have a complete copy between all the members of that swarm, without you. Your torrent status should change colors to cyan or something, to notify you.

Such as, when you have an otherwise completed torrent and still count as a seeder but the torrent is stalled because there's only 96.6% of the torrent in existence elsewhere in the swarm. Where you have downloaded 100% but the torrent availability is below 1 (without you).

This would perhaps allow people to spot situations where their data is critical to the health of a torrent.

It might also be nice to flag these situations even if you are not a seeder. To say that it's doubtful you'll complete this because the torrent is stalled. Status Stalled, colored Orange or something.

Both cases would allow people to know about and stop feeding data starved torrents.

Less importantly, you should also be able to actively scan for such situations and have your client only seed when the torrent availability drops below 1. Effectively setting yourself as a keep alive for older/dying torrents.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TatarizeTatarize shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...